Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Queen

Saw The Queen last week. I wasn't really sure what to expect from this movie. It turned out to be very good though. The performances were all really good. Although there were a couple spots where it seemed like Helen Miren was playing a characture of the Queen. Luckily those were only brief moments and nothing that took away from the overall performance. And I do have to give her props for having the guts to play a living queen.

It really was a very interesting look at the aftermath of Princess Diana's death. I could see Helen getting a best actress nomination at the moment. There's a lot more to come this month though so that could change quickly.

It was well worth full price. If it's still playing at a theater near you I would recommend it. If not then definitely rent it when it hits video stores.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed it as well