Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Scoop

I really don't like Woody Allen and the two movies of his I had seen previously were rather boring. I was very worried about this one but figured Scarlett and Hugh would make it worth it and I was right. I was actually quite surprised at how well written and funny it was. A lot of that had to do with Scarlett's perfect delivery. It's official that girl can do anything.


Major Plot Point Ahead:


The over all story was very fun except for the part where Scarlett and Woody didn't end up figuring out who the real killer was. And while the little twist at the end where Hugh's character did kill one of the women led to a rather funny, yet obvious final moment between him and Scarlett I would have prefered he not be a killer.



I saw this at a matinee and it was well worth that price. I wouldn't have felt ripped off if I had paid full price but, because Woody annoys me so it was a better value for me at matinee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you've seen "Match Point" but what was the other Woody Allen movie you've seen. Was it the one Jodie was in?

"The Purple Rose Of Cairo" is very good.

As much as I don't like him I have to admit Woody Allen can write.

Crazy Beyotch said...

Yes, the other Woody Allen movie I saw was the one with Jodie.

It was the first Woody Allen movie I saw and I didn't want to do it but, when one of your life goals is to see every movie Jodie Foster has ever done you just have to suck it up.