Monday, September 11, 2006

Pirates of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

It's been several weeks since I went to see this one so this won't be the most indepth review.

This movie was a lot better than I thought it would be. I saw the first one more because I liked the cast than for the movie itself and I'm always worried about sequels anyway. However, they did a fantastic job with this one. I certainly was not expecting to be as funny as it was. I laughed really hard at a lot of the movie, both the dialogue and the action.

All the actors were great. I really like that Kiera Knightly got a lot more screentime and that they didn't go insane and make her all girly-girl all of a sudden. Orlando was good again as well. And I swear Johnny Depp was even better than he was in the first one. I don't know how he manages to walk that line between good comedy and hamming it up so well. If this character was in anyone elses hands it would be awful. It would be way over the top and annoying.

The only downside to the movie was that it was a little to long. There were some action sequences that they could have cut a bit to tighten it up. Other than that it was a great movie and well worth seeing.

Paid full price and would pay that much to see it again.

No comments: