Friday, August 24, 2007

Stardust

Stardust is not a movie that would normally appeal to me. I'm not much on fantasy or sci-fi stuff. However, the cast of this movie really caught my attention and the story seemed rather interesting. And I was not at all disappointed and my expectations for the movie were greatly exceeded. This is hands down the best movie I've seen so far this year.

Everything about it was top notch. The acting, the directing, the story, and the effects were all fantastic. I know the chances are slim but, honestly I think a huge number of Oscar nominations should come from this movie.

It's probably a shoe in for things like visual effects and costuming but, it deserves big time nominations.

This was the first movie in a long time that really let Claire Danes show her huge rage. I'd love to see her get nominated for this. Michelle Pfiefer was amazing as the wicked witch and a supporting nominations should not be out of the realm of possibilities.

The directing and screenplay were phenomenal and should get some awards of some kind. And at the very least they should get nominations.

The main reason I don't usually like movies like this is that they over do the effects. They use way too much digital stuff and it takes away from the movie and the story rather than enhancing it. That was not at all the case with Stardust. All the effects only served to improve the story.

I especially loved the ending. It was one of the best parts of the movie.

I'm going to skip the spoiler section of this review so no one is tempted to read it.

I paid full price and would pay full price to see it again. I recommend it to anyone at full price. Regardless of if you pay full price or a discounted price of some kind do try to see it in theaters to experience the full scope of the film.

No comments: