Sunday, March 12, 2006

And the Oscar goes to...

The night went pretty much as planned. It was fun when Three 6 Mafia won for It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp. And I know there's people out there who didn't see Hustle & Flow who only know the song from the way it was performed on the show and are wondering how the hell that happened. Well simply the song is so much better than how they performed it. In the movie it is performed by Terrance Howard. It's much better with just his voice and then the background vocals of Taraji P. Henson. Three 6 Mafia over did it a bit and there were just to many voices. But it really is a good movie song and it's technically a writing award not a performing award.

As the night went on and there were no surprises I was getting more and more scared about the Best Actress category. When they got to it I was totally freaked that they were going to go the wrong way with it and then I couldn't have been happier when they said Reese Witherspoon. I don't know if I've ever been so excited by someone winning an Oscar. It's so well deserved and earned.

When Reese won that was the moment I knew Crash was winning Best Picture. I don't know exactly why but I just knew there had to be an upset somewhere and I was pretty sure it wasn't going to be Best Director. And as far as I'm concerned it may have been an upset with the odds makers but the right movie won.

Overall the show seemed really slow and there were way to many montages. No one watches the show to see montages. We watch the show to see who wins and what they will say when they win. Stop restricting the time they have to accept their award so much and stop with the stupid crap that makes for the need for such short acceptance time.

As for the fashions of the night. I love Charlize Theron and that dress would have been really nice if it didn't have that big huge bow on it. And what the heck was Naomi Watts thinking with that thing that looked like it had been through the shreader and the glued back together? Salma Hayek blue number was great. I also like Keira Knightley's dress it was a smart choice for someone wanting to look good be not take to big a risk and get slammed.

And speaking of Keira how great was she on the red carpet? I love that she was just an excited 20 year old out there. She didn't try to act all sophisticated and like it was no big deal. She was totally in the moment and I found that to be really refreshing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Brokeback Mountain" was robbed!! Not of Best Picture but of Best Supporting Actor. George Clooney had now business winning but whatever.

Fashions.

For some reason yellow on blond women did not look good. So I wasn't big on Michelle Williams' dress and I though Rachel McAdams at the Scientific & Technical Awards looked really odd.

Hillary Swank's dress was fine but she looked a little to thin.

Reese's dress was fine.

Jennifer Aniston looked how she always looks nice but kind of boring.

Keira's dress would have looked better with two staps. I am not a fan of the one strap dress look.

Uma Thurman's dress was nice but her hair was almost white. Not good.

Selma Hayek's dress was probobly my favorite of the night.

I know most people were raving about Jessica Alba but I wasn't impressed at all.

I agree about HEY GIRL's dress just bad.

I don't ge why Charlize went with that bow, beautiful dress was ruined.

I really liked Felicity Huffman's dress.

And it was clear that Jennifer Garner's dress was designed to hide the fact that she still hasn't lost all the baby weight.

Best dressed man goes to Eric Bana. DAMN!! GWENYTH me now Eric GWENYTH me now.

Okay I really hope other people are reading this and wonder who the hell HEY GIRL is and what GWENYTH means. To quote Britney Murphy in "Don't say A Word"---I'll never tell.