Monday, July 24, 2006

Poseidon

I had seen the original Poseison Adventure several years ago so I figured what the hell why not check this one out. It had a decent cast that would make it worth the time. The original was a fun movie to watch if you keep in mind when it was made. (I didn't see the tv remake.) Unfortunately they didn't really do a very good job updating it. It just wasn't very exciting.

I did enjoy it for the cast. Although in the small moments that any cast member had to shine I feel the director really failed them. The person in the cast that most impressed me was Jacinda Barrett. This is not really unusual though. She impresses me more with each thing I see her in. Seriously folks people generally come off The Real World and do stuff to look like idiots, they don't go on to have pretty decent film careers. And hers seems to be going nowhere but up.

I'm not going to go into a lot of detail on this one because it's really not worth it.

I saw this at the discount theater for $2 and I would have paid the evening rate there of $3 for it but it wasn't worth more than that. It will be perfectly fine to rent when it hits dvd but, don't be expecting anything spectacular from it.

No comments: