Wednesday, October 03, 2007

3:10 To Yuma

I'm not a big fan of westerns in general but, this one looked pretty good. And since Russell Crowe and Christian Bale are two of my favorite actors I was interested in seeing it.

It was a lot better than I thought it would be. Another movie with a villian who isn't quite the villian you'd expect him to be.

The performances were all very good. And while it was a small role I'm always happy when Gretchen Mol can get work. The supporting performances were right on par with the lead performances. Which was very important. With two leads that can easily control a movie and run circles around the supporting actors the movie would have been awful if those actors hadn't been able to hold their ground.

The directing wasn't the greatest in a couple places. Overall it was very good. There were just a couple spots that they really shouldn't have gone for the shots they went for. There are just somethings you can't do with horses it ends up looking bad and amatuerish.

Unfortunately part of the ending was very transparent.

Went to a matinee and it was very much worth it. I would not have been upset having paid full price for it.

No comments: