Sunday, November 13, 2005

The Fog

It is my tradition to go to a movie on Halloween. (Yeah I know I'm way behind.) So this year I choose The Fog. Some of you might be asking why that and not say Saw 2. Well the answer is timing. While I probably will see Saw 2 I chose to wait because if I go to scary movies to soon I always end up with those annoying people (usually girls/women dragged there by their boyfriends) who don't like being scared and thus don't like scary movies and do aleaviate their fear they start talking when ever it gets tense so they won't be scared. So while seeing them with a big audience is nice because you can since everyone elses tension and fear it's not an option for me any more.

As for the movie itself. I wasn't expecting very much and got even less. They spend to much time showing the back story which totally killed the movie. The ending was the dumbest horror ending I've seen and I've seen some bad horror films. On the upside Selma Blair and Maggie Grace gave nice performances which is probably the only thing that saved this movie.

I'm not going to go into a big huge review like I have with other films. So I'll just get to the end. Paid full price and it wasn't really worth it. Matinee price would not be a waste of money. It's pretty late into it's run so at this point unless you have a two or three dollar theater in your area you should just save the money and wait for dvd.

No comments: