Saturday, January 14, 2006

The L Word

The season three premiere was excellent. When they said they were bringing back the humor that made the first season so good they weren't kidding. That chase scene with Dana and Alice was hilarious. I'm kind of sad that Dana and Alice aren't together anymore but if it continues to provide humor like that it will be okay. Although I don't know if the humor will continue since rumors of Dana having breast cancer seem to be true. That's a pretty bold move for a third season arc.

I could have lived without the stuff with Bette adopting. I get it and it is the natural progression of that story but I just don't care. I didn't really like the way they worked Laurel's real life pregnancy into the story line last year and I still just don't like it. So anything that puts to much emphasis on that is going to bug me. And what the hell is that attachment parenting thing they are doing? If anyone happens to read this who is doing that you won't like this but that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard off.

Very glad to see that Shane and Carmen have been a couple all this time. If there's one character that they've been pretty consistent with and had a story arc that seemed very true to the character it's Shane. They emotionally broke her just enough in the first season that Carmen finally breaking all the way through that was believable. I'm excited to see where their relationship goes this season. Hopefully they will see fit to keep them together.

I loved Jenny in the first season and wanted her to just jump off a bridge last year. The therapy she's gotten between seasons better take because I can't take anymore of her whiney poor me crap. She brought a lot of it on herself and she needs to accept that.

The new character Moira definitely has potential. Following her transition to Max would be a daring move for any show. Seeing how all the characters react to that is probably the thing I am anticipating most about the season. I'm a little worried about some of the things I've read in regards to the transition and how it unfolds. But I'm waiting to see if the things I read are true or not before making any comments. I hope it plays differently than what I have read.

And finally they did such a good job working Kit into a bigger role last year I hope that continues this year. Pam Grier is such a treat to watch that there's just never enough of her in the episodes.

No comments: