Wednesday, October 05, 2005

NHL Returns

Tonight's the big night play officially resumes in the NHL. Okay so yes they have been playing preseason for a couple weeks but that doesn't really count since they don't show those games. At least not here they don't.

I am so excited for this now red line for passing rule. That is really going to create some great stuff I think. I wonder if they will really stay tight with obstruction calls all season. They've said they were going to crack down on it for the past couple season but about 20 games or less in they suddenly don't see the hooking and grabbing going on. It's always good when they are calling it because powerplays can be really exciting and really stressful depending on which side your team is on and how close the score is.

Living in Colorado I am an Avs fan. Sad to see Peter go but since had he stayed there's a 90% chance Alex Tanguay would have been traded I'm not that upset about it. I'm sick of all my favorite players being the ones to go. And being that my eastern confrence team is the Montreal Canadians and my favorite player there has for years been Patrice Brisebois I was extremely happy when he signed with the Avs. He was the one player I thought they should go after.

No comments: