Friday, February 17, 2006

Mrs. Henderson Presents

This movie was not one that was on my list of movies to see until Judi Dench pulled in her Oscar nomination. I had seen some previews and it just wasn't anything I was rushing out to see in theaters. But, I am so glad she got that nomination and I went to see it. It is and excellent movie. Well written, execellently acting, good directing, everything was top notch. Which means yes Judi Dench absolutely deserved her nomination.

I'm sure people have heard that it's about a woman who wants to have nudity in her theater in London in the early part of the 20th century. Which it is but it's not the kind of nudity you would expect. It's actually quite remarkable what they did back then. It would be quite interesting to see a small theater company do something like it today.

Do to where I had to see this movie and needing to see another movie the same day I did see this at a matinee. I would have gladly paid full price to see it and would totally see it again. I highly recommend it.

No comments: