Monday, September 26, 2005

CSI:... The Original

I am in what seems to be a small group that is still trying to figure out what was so great about the season finale. Honestly, I expect so much more. They had a good story but somehow it all just didn't click. I felt they should have made it 90 minutes to make the pacing better. Also they barely did any investigating. I mean it really just fell into their laps where he was which was even dumber. I knew where the guy had buried Nick when Sara interviewed his daughter. Sara's a lot sharper than that and it didn't even occur to her where he was? Also if there was bomb material under the test box with the dead dog did in it why did it not blow up when they moved the box and why did they not see the explosives when they moved the box?

They did start the season off pretty well although I felt they were over doing it with three cases. My main problem with last season wasn't so much the team being split up as it just led to, too many cases at one time so everything always felt rushed and poorly done. Anyone who watches this show knows it's at it's best when the whole team is working on one or two cases and occassionally they have a third case. I do actually enjoy both the science of the show and the actual investigation. To many times last season it seemed like the evidence just fell in line and didn't twist and turn as much as it did in previous seasons. It did at times but not consistantly and that's how it seemed to work in the season premiere as well. Especially with Cathrine and Warrick's case. Way to convienant. Not necessarily that the rebar ended up being used to hold up the crime scene tape but that the guy was still just sitting over there. That's one of those cases where it was more likely to never be solved. Which is one of the nice things about the show every once in awhile the bad guy/girl gets away.

The cases this week were interesting. Especially the opening one. That's one thing they always do well is keeping the deaths somewhat fresh but they just need to get back to a little more mystery overall.

Interesting turn of events with Warrick. Wonder if we will ever meet the new Mrs. Brown and how long they will last.

I do have one question though in regards to stuff I read before the season. I read more than once about someone leaving the lab but not the show and one of those articles said it would be shocking. Is someone else leaving the lab or are we suppose to be shocked by Sophia becoming a detective? I certainly wasn't. She tried to leave last season and Grissom kept her from doing it. And I think it's a good element for the show to finally have a female detective.

And while I'm not a huge fan of the season finale I am intrigued by the new twist that there might be someone else involved. That's something they could have used to enhance the finale.

No comments: