Saturday, September 24, 2005

Surface

I don't care what any of the pre-season write ups about this show said it's fun and not getting to see exactly what the creatures look like adds to the mystery. Sure there's somethings that can be a little better but no pilot is perfect and it generally takes a couple episodes for stuff to gel especially with dramas. The people who actually get paid to write about these shows would do well to remember that.

I am not a big sci-fi fan and generally it takes an actor or actress that I like to get me to watch it whether it be a television show or a movie. That is the case here as I have been a fan of Lake Bell since the first episode of the short lived Miss Match. I'm glad she picked this show because it's just fun. I do like to have a few dramas that are just fun and this is one. And how cute was it when she was making her flight reservations and her son was sitting in her suit case?

I'll confess that I was so into it I was moving around in my seat as if I would be able to see around the corners better when the boy was looking for the one that got loose in his house. Yes I know that wasn't going to happen but that's how into the show I was.

It had strong opening numbers. Better than most people thought it would. Hopefully those numbers will hold.

No comments: