Sunday, September 25, 2005

NCIS

I have never been so stunned or pissed off at a season finale in my live. Literally left me breathless for a moment then the anger set in. When they announced that someone was going to die in the finale I hoped with everything I had that it would be Tony (Michael Weatherly). In the first season his character was fun but in season two they just got too out of control with him and his frat boy crap. The fact that I don't like Michael Weatherly only made him worse to me. I was so close to not continuing to watch this show. For a couple days until I found out that Sasha Alexander had asked to be let go it was going to depend on who her replacement was. I don't really know why I liked the character of Kate so much perhaps it was her ability to put Tony in his place and aggravate him by not letting his antics get to her as much as he wanted.

I love the rest of the cast and their characters so it wouldn't have been the easiest thing to do to stop watching this show. Another reason I was mad was because this ending came on the heals of that horrid series ender for J.A.G. having two of my favorite female characters disrespected like that was just to much. It wouldn't have been so bad it they had been from different creators. So once it came out that Sasha wanted to leave I knew I'd keep watching the show at least for a bit. Afterall if the new person blew the chemistry of the show it wouldn't be worth watching anymore anyway.

And the new season begins on the right note. They kept up the suspense of the story arc very well. I like that they went with it being the same night and not with Ari getting away and it being months later. When I saw the previews for the show I was a little worried about the scenes with everyone's vision of Kate. However, they work really well. A show like this really shouldn't be able to get away with that stuff but they executed it perfectly. I think the reason it really works so well is because Abby, Tony, and McGee's fantasy versions of her are balanced by Gibbs seeing her the way she died. It's a bit creepy but is exactly how he would see her.

I don't know what is going on with this agent Ziva David. I'm not really liking her working with Ari. When I read about Cote de Pablo joining the cast they indicated her character would be Kate's replacement so I am highly confused with what's going on in the story. This whole thing that Ari didn't shoot Kate is not amusing. If they some how work it that he really didn't they still better capture him or something because he's still somewhat responsible for her death. His antics lead to all of it and he was going to kill someone and he still might.

Love the addition of Lauren Holly to the cast. She is so under used and under appreciated in the industry. Her character is great. She's going to be a handful for Gibbs in so many ways. I didn't see her and Ziva knowing each other previously coming. Should be interesting to see how that plays into whatever Ziva's up to.

No comments: