Sunday, September 25, 2005

Nip/Tuck

I watched the first couple episodes of this show but just wasn't that impressed. I found it to be a bit boring and very poorly paced. I've caught on occassional episode here and there since when there's nothing else on. I follow what's going on on a lot of shows I don't watch and I do keep tabs more on the ones with cast members I'm a fan of, for this show that includes Julian and Roma. I must say even without watching it I did find the addition of the carver to be and interesting twist in the show.

So if I don't watch the show why am I writing about it. Well with the addition this season of Rhona Mitra I figured I should check it out again. Maybe it had gotten better since those first couple episodes. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. At least not in the first episode of the season. I still found it to be a bit slow and boring.

I really just don't see what everyone finds so great about this show. I don't find it to be provacative at all. And the sex in the show seems to be there more just because they can get away with it on cable and to see how far they can go rather than being really important to the story. Christian's a sex addict good but if the scenes are doing anything to really move the story forward there's no point. I'm sure some of the scenes do forward the story but they never really seem to when I watch. Yes, the one at the end of the episode did establish that Christian was back to his old self but it happened it a pretty lame way and it was a bad scene.

No comments: