Thursday, September 29, 2005

Killer Instinct

When I first read about this show I thought it sounded interesting. Sounded like it would have a lot in common with Law & Order: Special Victims Unit only with a wider scope of crimes for the special team to investigate. Then I started to see the previews and I started to get a little worried because some of the dialogue just didn't sound that great and the acting didn't seem much better. Upon viewing the premiere it was better than the previews looked.

However, I don't much care for Johnny Messner. I don't know exactly what it is there's just something about the way he's playing it that I don't like. It kind of feels like he doesn't completely believe in his lines which may help to explain why the dialogue doesn't seem so great in several places.

There were also some serious story flaws. Like the fact that they didn't seem to learn about the guys lab until the very end. What kind of detective work is that? I mean when they got to his house they should have figured out that, that wasn't where he did his research. And for all his genius of using the spiders to paralyze his victims the guy sure was an idiot when it came to escaping. If he'd have just gotten in his car and taken off after he talked to his accomplice he'd have had a much better chance.

I'll give it an episode or two more to see if the problems work themselves out. That may not really matter though because even before seeing the show I wasn't real happy with the news that Marguerite Moreau had been removed from the cast. I like her and I liked her character. I don't understand why they made this change and even worse than the change is the way they left it. They left a big mystery hanging there and it's just stupid if the explanations don't make much since and the new girl isn't very good I won't keep watching. At the very least they could have figured out away to wrap up what ever she was up to in a couple episodes before letting her go.

It is nice to see Chi McBride in another show.

No comments: