Saturday, September 24, 2005

The Return of Medium

While Emmy winner Patricia Arquette returned in fine fashion the show was a little bit off. They built all the suspense into the season finale and the season premiere ended up being a bit boring. I had figured out by the end of the finale that it was a sibling not the father of the victims. I hadn't figured out that is wasn't someone also conceived through an anonymous donor.

The real question for the episode was would Captain Push survive or not. Which he did and he got to be the hero in the end which was nice. However, I'm a little torn about him surviving. I like it because he's a good guy and character. I wonder if they can convincingly work him into future episodes or not. He could still be a good guy and a good character from the other side though. I think his character could have served very well as an occasional guide of some sort for Allison through the crazy signs and dreams she gets from the dead.

Dead or alive Captain Push is still a nice asset and the show isn't hurt by him being alive which is good. And the previews for the second episode look like it's fully back on track.

No comments: